Sunday, July 20, 2014

New project - mini album

I have stacks of Picture My Life™ cards here, just waiting to be used. On the suggestion of Monica Wihongi, I decided to try my hand at making mini albums from my stash of cards. here's what I came up with!
I made two mini albums using Skylark and Surf's Up Picture My Life™ kits, Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors, Gold Polka-Dot Washi Tape, Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape, Gold and Teal Shimmer Trims.

Making the albums was pretty easy. I chose a couple 4x6 and 3x4 cards, laid them out and figured out which order I liked best. I ripped off pieces of washi tape and used that to stick the cards all together. Once all the big cards were bound, I added the smaller cards to the mix. I lined up the gold washi tape dots and trimmed as needed. Some are pages in their own right, some are stuck down as embellishments or photo mats.

The Skylark version:
Front cover embellished with shimmer trim and a bronze dot.
Inside pages with a 3x4 card and more delicious shimmer trim.
Space to stick photos or to journal.
Pretty easy huh?
Back cover with a 3x4 card stuck down with washi tape.
The Surf's Up version.
Front cover embellished with a 3x4 card and gold shimmer trim.
Inside pages with lots of room to journal.
I might have to use this for our stop over in Hawaii photos.
So cute!
Lots of room to add memorabilia and embellish.
Great section for storytelling.
Front and back covers.
See how I've lined up the gold dots? Pretty easy.
I've already got plans for more of these mini albums. They make great quick memorable gifts! There are 8 Picture My Life™ kits, and 8 washi tape designs to choose from. Each Picture My Life™ kit contains 122 cards in a mix of 2 sizes. The options for customizing and personalizing your mini album is crazy fun. The sky's the limit!

Love this idea and want to make one of your own? Come along to my New Product Party on August 19! Let me know that you're coming so I can prepare!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments must be approved before they are visible. Abusive comments or spam of any sort are not allowed.